- He underwent graduation education between 1992 and 1997 from B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad.
- He did General Surgery in Dr K.L. Sheth between 1998 and 2001 and passed out in flying colours with a Gold Medal in General Surgery.
- He enrolled for Cardio-thoracic surgery training (DNB) in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. Under Dr. M.R. Girinath and associates, he was trained in both adult and paediatric surgeries with special interest in off pump CABGs.
- To widen his horizon and gain some insight into the practice of cardiac surgery outside India, he applied and was selected as an overseas fellow at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
- During 20 months tenure under Dr. Bayfield and Dr. Bannon, he gained tremendous exposure in cardiac and thoracic surgeries. During this period, main area of work was on pump CABG, Aortic surgeries and ECMO training.
- Because of clean and efficient image, he is now officially affiliated with Sydney Cardiothoracic Surgeons Group, which involves bilateral correspondence in education and training.
- Amongst the few heart transplant surgeons in Gujarat.
- More recently, he also visited and worked as an observer at Heart Centre, Leipzig, Germany to gain firsthand experience in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery under Dr. Mohr.
- He is presently Consultant Heart Surgeon at Heart Care Group and intends to apply all that he learnt through conventional and minimally invasive surgeries with his partner Dr. Dhiren Shah.
|BIO-DATA OF Dr. DHAVAL NAIK (Short CV within 12 months)|
|1.||Bio-Data of Dr.Dhaval Naik, Specialty of||Cardiac & Heart Transplant Surgeon|
|2.||Name||Dr. Dhaval D. Naik|
Date of Birth
Home :A-302,Dutt Avenue, Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India – 380060
Hospital: CIMS Hospital, Near Sukan Mall , Science city road, Sola, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India- 380060
|5.||Mobile No.||+91 9099111133||Email- IDfirstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|Course Name||Year of Passing||Name of University / Institute|
|Diplomat of National Board (Cardiothoracic Surgery)||2007||National Board at Examination/New Delhi, India|
|M.S (General Surgery)||2002||B. J Medical College/ Gujarat University,Ahmedabad,India|
|MBBS||1998||B. J Medical College/ Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, India|
|7.||EXPERIENCE AFTER PG DEGREE QUALIFICATION:|
|Date of Joining|
|Institute / Hospital||Department||Status in the Hospital||Hours Spent Per Day in the Hospital|
|18/07/2011||Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeon||CIMS Hospital||Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery||Full Time||10 Hours|
|Period of Employment||Designation held||Name of the hospital / institute|
|28th August 2009||18/07/2011||Sterling Hospital/Ahmedabad, India|
|January, 2008||August, 2009||Advance Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery||Royal Prince Alfred Hospital,Sydney,Australia|
|August 2007||January 2008||Wockhardt Hospital, Surat,India|
|June 2006||July 2007||Jr. Consultant||Apollo Hospital ,Chennai, India|
|8.||SURGICAL ACTIVITIES (WITHIN 6 MONTHS):|
|Type of Surgery||Total No of Surgeries|
|Adult Cardiac Surgeries||789|
|Pediatric Cardiac Surgeries||92|
|Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgeries||43|
|9.||RESEARCH EXPERIENCE OF THE FACULTY AS LEAD AUTHOR IN INDEXED JOURNALS:|
|Publication Name & Issue||Title of the Research Article|
|JACC March 29, 2014 Volume 63, Issue 12,A1569||Comparative safety and efficacy evaluation of Ivabradine, Metoprolol and its combination in management of Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia in Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Patients|
|10.||ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP POSITION|
I hereby declare that above information is true to the best of my knowledge.
CIMS Hospital, Ahmedabad