We Take a Great Amount of Pride in What We Do
Dr. Dhaval Naik is known as an expert vascular surgeon in Ahmedabad primarily for pump CABGs, Aortic surgeries, Keyhole Heart Surgery and ECMO. He is also known to be one of the very few heart transplant surgeons with being involved in 9 successful heart transplants in Gujarat [as per record in 2019] and amongst the best cardiac surgeon in Ahmedabad.
- He underwent graduation education between 1992 and 1997 from B.J.Medical College, Ahmedabad.
- He did General Surgery in Dr K.L. Sheth between 1998 and 2001 and passed out in flying colours with a Gold Medal in General Surgery.
- He enrolled for Cardio-thoracic surgery training (DNB) in Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. Under Dr. M.R. Girinath and associates, he was trained in both adult and paediatric surgeries with special interest in off pump CABGs.
- To widen his horizon and gain some insight into the practice of cardiac surgery outside India, he applied and was selected as an overseas fellow at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
- During 20 months tenure under Dr. Bayfield and Dr. Bannon, he gained tremendous exposure in cardiac and thoracic surgeries. During this period, main area of work was on pump CABG, Aortic surgeries and ECMO training
- Because of clean and efficient image, he is now officially affiliated with Sydney Cardiothoracic Surgeons Group, which involves bilateral correspondence in education and training.
- Amongst the few heart transplant surgeons in Gujarat.
- More recently, he also visited and worked as an observer at Heart Centre, Leipzig, Germany to gain firsthand experience in Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery under Dr. Mohr.
- He is presently Consultant Heart Surgeon at Heart Care Group and intends to apply all that he learnt through conventional and minimally invasive surgeries with his partner Dr. Dhiren Shah.